Monday, July 29, 2013

Site Experiment

I've been using my legs for my infusion sites since I was pregnant two years ago and they definitely need a break. I switched back to my stomach about a month ago but have come to realize that there's still a lot of scaring from so many years just using my stomach. This was made glaringly clear to me last week with all of the wonky BG's I was having. On Friday I decided to try out a new site; my lower back. So far it's been really great. My BG's are now back to normal.

The only thing that I really don't like about it is that I'm constantly feeling it to make sure it hasn't become unstuck. I'm so paranoid that I'm going to rub/tear/pull it off. I'm pretty sure that I felt this way the first time that I put my set on my thigh but it feels even more so because I can't see it whenever I want. I have to change it tonight when I get home and I'm really hoping that this area keeps giving me good results. I don't think I'm ready for my arms yet.....

2 comments:

  1. Where on your leg were you putting your site? The top, the outside, the inside? I've only ever used my stomach and lower back, I've been too afraid to try my thigh, but I'm starting to feel like I should rotate more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used the entire outside of my thigh until about two inches above my knee. I tend to keep my pump attached to my bra and I was worried about how using the bathroom would work. I ened up threading the tubing underneath my underwear so that I would accidentaly rip it out. It worked really well.

    ReplyDelete